Brian Ellis is a conservative small business owner who strongly supports the Balanced Budget Amendment and repealing ObamaCare. Brian is 100% pro-life, pro-second amendment, and will work to advance conservative solutions to help hardworking taxpayers and build a brighter future.
He founded Brooktree Capital Management, an investment advisory firm that helps individuals and families oversee their personal financial portfolios. Brian has been involved in the financial services industry for the past 17 years. Prior to that, Brian worked in the food processing business as President and owner of a Grand Rapids, Michigan area food processor employing more than 200 individuals.
Brian and his wife JoAnn live in Grand Rapids and are grateful for their three wonderful daughters. Brian is a lifetime resident of West Michigan and the 3rd District. In addition to being a small business owner, Brian served 15 years on the local school board. Brian and the school team ran surpluses to build up the rainy day fund so they were prepared to continue providing a high quality education when funding from the state was cut.
Presidents Reagan and Ford are Brian’s modern-day political heroes. Ronald Reagan made our conservative principles a reality and Gerald Ford sacrificially placed healing our country over his political future. Brian believes we desperately need more leaders in Congress who listen to the people and work to reverse the wrong course President Obama is taking our nation.
Brian believes in serving his community and has done so in a variety of ways:
- Board Trustee: 1998 – October 2013 (15 years) East Grand Rapids, Michigan
Served as longest running board president for 8 1/2 years, treasurer for another year and most recently as vice president. Resigned to run for Congress.
- President: Present– October 2013 Greater Grand Rapids Area
- Vice President: June 2012 – June 2013 (1 year 1 month) Greater Grand Rapids Area
- Board Member: 2002 – 2008 (6 years) Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan Area
- Committee Member: 2003 – 2006 (3 years) Lansing, Michigan Area
Brian’s unique educational background gives him the expertise to bring solutions to Michigan’s financial obstacles.
- University of Michigan: Master’s of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance (1984)
- University of Notre Dame: Bachelor’s of Business Administration with a concentration in Accountancy (1982)